I’m a Creative Content Coordinator with over five years of experience in social media and e-commerce, particularly in fashion and lifestyle verticals.
I connect brands and audiences through pitch-perfect content and meaningful experiences in digital spaces. I build growth and visibility by expanding strategies to incorporate human understandings of audience needs. I believe in integrating these insights into everything, from the most holistic view of your brand’s mission and goals, down to each email or social media post your customer sees. With a creative thinking style, a personal touch, and a varied technical skillset, I pride myself on refining and developing brand voices with an eye for long-term audience relationships and goals.
- Practical experience with analytics tools and paid social ads. Comfortable using tools like Facebook Power Editor, SocialFlow, MailChimp, HootSuite, Google Analytics, and more. Experience using data-backed insights to inform design & content strategies.
- Experienced with community management. Clear, personable, and brand-aware communications with customers and clients.
- Skilled in product photography and social content creation & curation. Experience with directing and managing in-house and on-set content production. Efficient at photo editing and optimizing images for end campaigns. Very comfortable with digital graphic design and Photoshop / Adobe Creative Suite. Moderate experience with video production and illustration.
Uye Surana Lingerie
Creative Coordinator | Feb 2015 – December 2017, promoted from Social Media Manager
- I owned and developed all social and marketing strategy. I helped build the brand’s reach while refining and articulating its mission of authentic inclusivity.
- I integrated analysis from my hands-on experience running ecommerce operations, utilizing insights to generate new marketing initiatives, optimize digital merchandising and web design, and inform the creative aspects of social content.
- I created content for and managed all social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Snapchat, Wanelo, YouTube, etc), focusing on audience growth and increasing engagement.
- I refined the influencer relations program, devised PR pitches and managed contact list research and sample requests, and worked in various customer-facing capacities.
- I managed email marketing, promotional campaigns, and product launches, often on tight deadlines. I assisted with photography, graphic and web design, and digital ad placement for these launches. I identified opportunities for stronger branding (and improved conversions) within campaigns and their execution.
- I refined internal and external materials, including a full overhaul of the brand’s site and product copy, policies, and navigational structure. I instituted a clear, enticing, recognizable communication style and channeled the brand’s voice through every detail from contact forms to store policy and product. My efforts optimized branding and expanded conversion opportunities while improving user experience.
- I designed press pitches, lookbooks, and other promotional materials for end consumers, journalists, stylists, and stockists.
- I oversaw a team of up to three subordinates at a time. I coordinated and shot photoshoots and video shoots for social channels, editorial production, and the brand’s original blog.
- Finally, I planned, cast, directed, designed, and managed the execution, content and fulfillment of the brand’s crowdfunding campaign, which overfunded and received positive press coverage.
- My work directly contributed to year-over-year audience, sales, and conversion growth.
Selected features on the brand and my experiences: Refinery29 | Nylon |
Freelance Writer, Social Media Editor, and Creative Director
June 2011 – Present
- I have experience formulating sustainable, creative strategy and content plans for social media.
- I’m thorough, quick, and detail-oriented with creating images and written content that embody brand voices while engaging audiences on an intimate, personable level.
- I have a background working with a variety of clients, from small start-up brands to individual creative projects to large editorial settings with a wide and vibrant existing reach.
- I have over five years of experience in styling, directing, managing, and otherwise working on production for editorial, social, and ecommerce photography.
NYLON Magazine Shop
Ecommerce Buyer & Merchandiser | May 2014 – August 2014 (Internship)
- I helped refine the shop’s ecommerce presentation, instituting a consistent style guide for merchandising and site copy.
- I pitched prospective brands and maintained contact lists, communications, and lookbook selections.
- I handled sample management and helped plan and coordinate shoots for new arrivals and featured merchandise. I also was selected and entrusted with assistant styling features on our merchandise for the print edition of the magazine.
- I made selections for new merchandise, balancing data-backed analytics with a feel for the Nylon brand and customer.
- I was given leadership roles over the rest of the intern team, overseeing collaborative efforts and managing workflow in the absence of my supervisor.
New York University
Media, Culture, and Communication BS Program | Steinhardt Scholar | 2011 – 2015
My studies specialized in visual communication and digital media. I took courses relating to fashion branding, social and cause-related marketing, and consumer psychology.